Let us manage your infrastructure so you can manage your business.
More and more of our client’s find they prefer to focus on their core business and outsource their infrastructure needs to a technology partner they can trust. Hosting options have become better and more diverse because of cloud-based infrastructures. Our clients rely on SOLTECH to take advantage of cloud technologies by helping them with designing their application architecture for the cloud, infrastructure sizing and configuration, and infrastructure monitoring.
Here are some of the reasons why our clients consider moving their business to the cloud:
- Scale up and down server capacity as it is needed
- Avoid the upfront capital investment in hardware
- Reduce installation and configuration time, as well as the ongoing maintenance of the servers
- Take advantage of low on-going costs that cloud-hosting providers can offer due to economies of scale.
- Enjoy better software licensing fees
- Have almost unlimited storage and not worry about running out of space or correctly sizing future storage capacity needs
- Easily incorporate business continuity and failover to servers in a different zone or quickly stand up a new server with better backup and recovery options
- Access infrastructure, systems and data easily and from anywhere in the world
- Global availability with an easy way of deploying applications to different zones all-over the world
- Stand up temporary environments and take them down as needed for client demonstrations or testing sites
While cloud technologies offer opportunities to companies that were previously unavailable, it is a paradigm shift that requires a different set of skills and toolsets to realize the benefits. SOLTECH was an early adopter of cloud technologies and has not only designed, written and deployed many applications to the cloud, but also has a team of cloud specialists that monitor and manage cloud applications on behalf of our clients. As a part of our managed hosting service, our team provides monitoring, maintenance and support of your software solution onto various cloud platform providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud.
Designing applications for the cloud
While most web, mobile, and network related apps can be ported to the cloud with minimal issues, cloud infrastructure operates differently than traditional server hardware. For mission critical apps, performance, reliability and scale require an underlying application architecture that is cloud-aware. Depending on the application, design considerations such as multiple zones, distributed data management, global data replication, event-driven notifications, client caching, offline access, graceful degradation, and atomic services should be considered and incorporated into the framework of the application.
If you are interested in working with SOLTECH to better utilize cloud computing for your business, Let us know. We invite all of our clients in for an initial free consultation to earn your business, and to get you started in the right direction.