Season 1, Episode 11 [Podcast]
Listen on iTunes
Read the Podcast Transcript
Welcome to Season 1, Episode 11 of Atlanta Business Impact Radio. In this episode, Kirk Elder and Veanne Smith talk about how value-based care is driving better quality of care.
We are excited to share this podcast with you! During our conversation with Kirk, we talk about:
- What is value-based care, and how does it differ from Fee for Service?
- The evolution of value-based Care
- What needs to change in the healthcare eco-system to encourage and support value-based care
- Timeline for value-based care adoption
- Controlling the quality of care by owning the patient data and advise the patient based on the data
- How healthcare organizations are transforming by partnering to provide a complete continuum of providers and services
- How Wellcentive enables quality of care for providers and healthcare business through data aggregation, analytics, action, and accountability
- Where will technology and data science take us in the 3-5 years?
You can interact with Wellcentive on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Please enjoy our episode!
Kirk Elder is a 15-year veteran of Internet business models and technologies, and his goals are to apply these experiences to create revolutionary population health analytics solutions for Wellcentive.
Previously, Kirk held senior management and architecture positions at healthcare abstraction and analytics firms as well as industry-leading SaaS medical record documentation solutions. He has deep experience in the development of innovative clinical analytics, dictation, speech recognition, natural language processing, BPM, and B2B Solutions. He is an expert in technology life-cycle management, product to market initiatives, and agile and open source engineering techniques.
Kirk holds a B.S. in Physics with a certificate in Mathematics from Georgia Institute of Technology. During his education, he worked in experimental non-linear dynamics, chaos theory, and quantum mechanics.