Season 1, Episode 13 [Podcast]
Listen on iTunes
Read the Podcast Transcript
Welcome to Season 1, Episode 13 of Atlanta Business Impact Radio. This is our final episode for this season.
In this episode, Pete Desai and Veanne Smith discuss the topic of population health programs and health testing, and how technology is creating better accessibility, insight, and engagement to ultimately give us the tools we need to measure and improve our wellness.
During our conversation with Pete, we cover:
- The BioIQ story and their recent office opening in Atlanta
- What are population health programs and how they work
- Who directly benefits from population health programs and how
- The challenges that population health programs have faced in the past
- How BioIQ’s solution helps address these challenges
- How technology is helping to provide better measurements and drive better engagement
- Advice to organizations to encourage the adoption of digital channels when it comes to population heath programs and wellness in general
- Predictions about population health programs in the next 3-5 years
You can interact with BioIQ on Twitter and Facebook.
Please enjoy our episode!
Pete is the Vice President of Corporate Development and Marketing at BioIQ. With more than 15 years of healthcare experience, Pete is responsible for marketing BioIQ’s solutions and raising awareness of the company’s mission to Connect, Measure, and Achieve.
Prior to BioIQ, Pete served as Executive Vice President of Health Management Strategy for Alere Health, LLC (acquired by Optum in 2015). He was responsible for strategic business development, while supporting the global health management function to grow services and revenue in targeted geographies outside the U.S. Previously at Alere Health, Pete served in the roles of Senior Vice President of Health Strategy and Global Solutions, and Director of Strategy and Business Development.
Pete started his career at Accenture, where he took on various roles in the Health and Life Sciences practice. He developed a broad healthcare background, which includes experience working with health insurance payers, providers and health information technology customers.